Before they are hanged limted edition cover

Wednesday, February 16, 2011


In a round of covers 3 weeks ago, I posted some artwork for the Subterranean Press limited edition of Before They Are Hanged, book 2 of the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. The illustration was done by Alex Preuss (same artist as for The Blade Itself).

Well, thanks to Mad Hatter, we now know that this particular artwork was chosen to be the cover of the book. Looking at it more closely, I must admit that it doesn't look at all like what I pictured in my mind while reading the book, far from it...

For a look back at The Blade Itself cover head on here.

1 comments:

Showtyme said...

Yeah, I Don't get it. The cover for Book 1 didn't make much sense either. They've really missed the mark with these limited edition covers.

a Fantasy Reader All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger