You have probably seen my list of 2013 releases of interest and as you can gather, the year should be full of interesting new books, from well-known authors and their beloved series and debut authors coming out of nowhere. However, as I did last year, I want to keep up with some of the series I haven't finished yet. Therefore, I would ask you which of the following series you would want me to talk about/finish/review first. From that list, I would pick Tom Lloyd's series, since the reviews/comments I have seen so far mark it as a fantastic series with a proper ending (and to satisfy my friend who is a big fan). So, which one of these should come first between all the new entries of the year? Some of the series are still not finished but since most of you fellow readers are like me and don't wait for them to be over before starting them, they were included.
- The Twilight Reign by Tom Lloyd
- Psalms of Isaak by Ken Scholes
- The Godless World by Brian Ruckley
- The Riyria Revelations by Michael J Sullivan
- Legends of the Red Sun by Mark Charan Newton
- The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
- The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks
- The Lays of Anuskaya by Bradly P. Beaulieu
- The Tower and the Knife by Mazarkis Williams
The second part of my question is not really a poll but it's related. There's a whole bunch of authors of Fantasy I haven't read so far (I posted a Shame list two years ago but there's a couple of authors in there that I have now covered) and I would ask you the same kind of question. Can you throw me some names of authors/series/books you would like me to try and review this year? I have some names on my reading pile already like:
Ursula K. LeGuin
Got any suggestions?