Kick ass moment #13

Wednesday, June 13, 2012


I finished reading the fourth Eddie LaCrosse book but I can't post the review yet... have to wait closer to the release. However, there was two passages that made me grin, nice little moments I'd like to share:

***

[...]


And then the source of the disturbance appeared.
“Shit!” I yelled. I’d walked right into the same goddamned
trap again. On the plus side, I had learned where Wendell Marteen
got the idea. So I wasn’t a total failure as a sword jockey.
Maybe instead of Clift’s noble quote, that would be my epitaph:
Not a total failure.


***

[...]

“Sometimes. Good night, Mrs. Talbot.”
“Good night. You two going to keep it down now that you’ve
had your welcome home meet- and- greet?”
“Not likely.”
“Well, make her scream once in my honor, then.”
“No, that was me,” I said.
She cackled.
I went inside, stretched out beside Liz, and kissed her bare
shoulder. She snuggled back against me. Eventually I fell asleep.
When I awoke, I knew what I had to do.


***

Kick ass moments #12
Index

0 comments:

a Fantasy Reader All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger