A Crown of Swords ebook cover art

Thursday, April 8, 2010


The seventh cover art for the ebook editions of The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan was unveiled today by Tor (here). The scene chosen for A Crown of Swords is the saving of Nynaeve by Lan. The artist chosen for the work is Mélanie Delon (her website).

I like the final rendering, the style and the colors. However, I'm not sure I depicted those two like this in my mind. Lan had a more severe and "tempered" facial in my opinion. Anyway, that will always be the case with rendering of characters. Anyway, kind of cool but the best for me among the seven covers we have seen so far, although I really like Harriet idea and choices. Keep them coming!

This ebook will be available on April 20th.

You can see the first six ebook covers here :

The Eye of the World
The Great Hunt
The Dragon Reborn
The Shadow Rising
The Fires of Heaven
Lord of Chaos

2 comments:

Scott Marlowe said...

That's a beautiful cover. Makes me want to re-attempt a reading of the series (I always found the sheer length of the series too daunting).

Phil said...

I can understand the feeling but judging by the last book from Sanderson, it's seems that this will be worth the effort!

a Fantasy Reader All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger