Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings cover art

Monday, March 1, 2010


Another cover launch today this time with the first book of the new series from Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings (the series is named The Stormlight Archive). The art is from Michael Whelan (more here). By the way, Michael said that the manuscript was 1400 pages (not final but...)!

As for my opinion of the cover art, I would say that I'm disappointed a bit. Tor.com posted some sketches (here) and I think that the cover would have been better without the addition of the final colors (the blue/red/yellow/purple). The sketches with more gray were looking great... Here they are :

3 comments:

Bryce L. said...

This is exciting, although I agree with you. The gray scaled covers would have been a ton better.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely lOVE the colors. Man what an awesome book to put on a shelf. Why gray? The colors are just so much more awe inspiring. simply fabulous. Even if I didn't like Sanderson and even if I had never looked at a whelan this would grab me and I'd be in the line up ready to take a new book home. AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely lOVE the colors. Man what an awesome book to put on a shelf. Why gray? The colors are just so much more awe inspiring. simply fabulous. Even if I didn't like Sanderson and even if I had never looked at a whelan this would grab me and I'd be in the line up ready to take a new book home. AWESOME!!!

a Fantasy Reader All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger