Some news

Thursday, June 25, 2009

The David Gemmell Legend award (Gemmell award page) was won earlier this week by Andrzej Sapkowski for Blood of the elves. I don't know if it was a good choice since it's still on my reading pile. I tried The Last Wish after playing The Witcher game (which by the way is awesome) but it was not what I expected. It' a collection of short stories and in my opinion, The Last Wish should be read when you have the full background of Geralt story, but judging from the hype of Sapkowski in the EU, this is something I'll have to read.



There's two new interesting omnibus coming soon. The covers for both were released last week. The first one is The Return of the Black Company by Glen Cook and the cover is gorgeous (as every Glen Cook omnibus are). This one collects Bleak Seasons and She is the Darkness. So there's still 2 more Black Company books to get together. And finally (Hurray!), I will be able to read the short stories of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach by Steven Erikson. The previous stand alone novellas were too much expensives.


0 comments:

a Fantasy Reader All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger