Tidbits (Sanderson Mistborn movie, Weeks interview)

Monday, January 11, 2010


Brandon Sanderson announced today on his blog that the rights for the movie adaptation of Mistborn were optioned by Paloppa Pictures LLC, a Florida based movie company. You can read the complete press release on Sanderson's blog here.

There's not much that is known so far about his company but I agree that this is the kind of novel that could evolve pretty well as a movie. Anyway, I would like to see a movie about the Mistborn story.

Here's an excerpt of what the author had to say :

"When it comes to optioning my adult fantasy novels for the big screen, I've occasionally gotten nibbles from random people in Hollywood. When Chris Geary emailed me about making a Mistborn movie, I really thought nothing of it—I just assumed it was another nibble that would go nowhere. But then Chris showed how incredibly serious they were—when I was in New York he flew there to meet me and explained his really great and exciting plans for the movie adaptation. When I read Paloppa's script treatment for the beginning of the story I immediately felt that they truly understood the book and how to adapt it. Throughout the entire process they've been professional and sincere and have shown a real love of the material. So in the end I said yes."

***


In other news, Patrick Rothfuss the interviewer strikes again for his fund raising for Heifer International (Worldbuilders). You probably remember this interview with Joe Abercrombie and this time he interviewed Brent Weeks, author of the Night Angel trilogy. The link is here and just a glimpse :

What's the most hurtful thing someone has ever said in a review of your book?

It wasn't a review, but on a forum, someone posted a topic of "Brent Weeks raped Robert Jordan." That was pretty cool, especially because RJ was pretty much a hero of mine. Will you tell me yours?

I think it might have been the Amazon reviewer who said all my female characters were whores or June Cleaver clones. That stung a bit. If you could punch one literary figure in the face, who would it be?

Hold it, you never said you were going to ask about Twilight. Bollocks to Team Edward. Come here, you shiny pansy! Oh, um... I mean, not gonna go there.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm super excited about the Mistborn movie news. Always good to hear about fantasy making it to the theater.
I loved the Rothfuss/Weeks interview. In addition to both of them being excellent writers, they are both really funny.

a Fantasy Reader All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger